John Mooshie is a freelance writer from Wakulla Springs, Florida. He writes on a broad range of golf and travel related subjects. He is a regular contributor to Tallahassee Magazine. His work has been published in several other print and online magazines including Clay Shooting USA Magazine, Divot Magazine, 850 Magazine, Golfweek.Com, GolfClubAtlas.com, and TravelPostMonthly.com.
Formerly an ad agency and billboard copywriter, he switched careers, co-designed an 18 hole golf course, and now writes reviews on both golf course resorts and destination spas from a male’s point of view.
He is currently conducting research to write a biography of amateur golfing great E. Harvie Ward and enjoys discovering and writing about individuals and businesses that fly below the radar. A member of Raleigh’s Triangle Area Federation he is also a frequent visitor to the Tallahassee Writer’s Association.
John plays more than 75 rounds of golf per year. His association with Nike and memberships in the various golfing organizations gives him the opportunity to travel throughout the United States and to play a variety of both well known and anonymous golf courses.
Golf Background and Credentials:
- Single digit golf index
- Co-designed and built Wildwood County Club, an 18 hole course in Crawfordville, Florida. Sold my interest but retained a lifetime membership.
- Member, Southwood Golf Club, Tallahassee, Florida
- Member, Capital City Country Club, Tallahassee, Florida
- Former Member, Nike Golf Player Staff (Program Abolished)
- Director, Membership Chairman, and member of Executive Committee for the American Seniors Golf Association.
- Member, Southern Seniors Golf Association
- Member, International Seniors Amateur Golf Society
- Member, Florida State Golf Association (FSGA)
- FSGA golf course rating team
- FSGA tournament operations team
- FSGA representative to two local golf clubs
- Served as PR Director for Tallahassee Open, A PGA event
- Served on Board of Directors for Tallahassee Open and Centel Classic, an LPGA event
- Rater for GolfWeek Magazine
- Assistant to LGPA professional Becky Sauers in her Junior Golf Camps and Golf Schools with special emphasis on the short game
Prior to this he was President and Owner of:
- Mooshie & Associates Advertising, Inc.
- Mooshie & Associates, Inc., real estate brokerage firm
- WAKOA, Inc., an outdoor advertising company
- Roots Group Investment Corporation, investments
- St. Marks Corporation, a real estate company
- Wakulla Development Corporation, developer